1. Question: If you could live forever, would you and why?
Answer: "I would not live forever, because we should not live
forever, because if we were supposed to live forever, then
we would live forever, but we cannot live forever, which is
why I would not live forever."
---Miss Alabama in the 1994 Miss USA contest
2. "Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids
all over the world, I can't help but cry. I mean I'd love to
be skinny like that but not with all those flies and death
3. "Researchers have discovered that chocolate produces some
of the same reactions in the brain as marijuana. The resear-
chers also discovered other similarities between the two, but
can't remember what they are."
---Matt Lauer on NBC's Today Show, August 22
4. "I haven't committed a crime. What I did was fail to com-
ply with law."
---David Dinkins, New York City Mayor, answering accusations
that he failed to pay his taxes.
5. "Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very im-
portant part of your life."
---Brooke Shields, during an interview to become spokesperson
for a federal anti smoking campaign.
6. "I've never had major knee surgery on any other part of
---Winston Bennett, Univ. of KY basketball forward
7. "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the low-
est crime rates in the country."
---Mayor Marion Barry, Washington, DC
8. "We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees."
---Jason Kidd, upon his drafting to the Dallas Mavericks
9. "I'm not going to have some reporters pawing through our
papers. We are the president."
---Hillary Clinton commenting on the release of subpoenaed
10. "China is a big country with a lot of chinese people
---Former French President Charles De Gaulle
11. "That lowdown scoundrel deserves to be kicked to death
by a jackass, and I'm just the one to do it."
---A Congressional Candidate in Texas
12. "It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's
the impurities in our air and water that are doing it."
---Former U. S. Vice-president Dan Quayle
13. "Without censorship, things can get terribly confused in
the public mind."
---General William Westmoreland
And last but not least -- a parting word from Dan Quayle:
14. "I love California. I practically grew up in Phoenix."
Back to List