An English teacher was explaining to his students the concept of gender
association in the English language. He stated how hurricanes at one time
were given feminine names and how ships and planes were usually referred
to as "she."
A student with raised hand asked: "What gender is a computer?"
The teacher wasn't certain which it was, so he reffered
to his friend who was a professional programmer
"It's absolutely easy", - programmer said, - "my baby is always with me".
Then he explained why the computer is a feminine gender.
1. In order to get their attention, you have to turn them on.
2. They have a lot of data but are still clueless.
3. They are supposed to help you solve your problems,
but half the time they ARE the problem.
4. As soon as you commit to one, you realize that, if you had waited a
little longer, you could have had a better model.
5. No one but their creator understands their internal logic.
6. The native language they use to communicate with other
computers is incomprehensible to everyone else.
7. Even your smallest mistakes are stored in long-term
memory for later retrieval.
8. As soon as you make a commitment to one, you find yourself
spending half your paycheck on accessories for it.
9. You never can login in a foreign workstation without a password
10. The night being spent with them brings you either deep satisfaction
or desire to make an upgrade as soon as possible.
11. The real professional can retreive more satisfaction from
the computer than a lammer.
12. They are used to periodically give an error "General protection
while you are trying to access them.
13. In case of rough intervention you need sometimes to reboot the system.
14. The software they use changes constantly but never suits you to the full
Back to List